In an effort to acquire more of its food from local vendors who raise their animals in a humane, grass-fed and chemical-free environment and who grow their produce organically, Evins Mill is pleased to partner with many Tennessee-based food purveyors - as well as a few in bordering states. In 2015, Evins Mill bought 20% of its food & beverage products from Tennessee sources and plans to increase that share incrementally year by year.
Meat & Fish
Dairy & Eggs
Produce & Other
- Evans Family Farm, Smithville ~ produce
- Herb Cottage, Smithville ~ herbs & flowers
- Dekalb Farmers Market, Smithville ~ produce & bread
- Old Mill, Pidgeon Forge ~ grits & oats
- White Lilly, Memphis ~ flour
- Aunt Dee's Homemade Soap, Smithville ~ soap
- Foxglove Farm, Smithville ~ wildflowers, home grown luffa
- Knot Enough Thyme, Smithville ~ dried herbs & spices
Better All The Way Around
The philosophy and techniques of many of the resort's purveyors result in cuisine that is better for...
- the health of our guests
- the environment
- the local economy
- local farmers & their animals
- and of course the taste
Evins Mill chronicles the story of its locally-sourced cuisine on its blog Thoughtful Provenance, where Chef Evans posts profiles of our Tennessee-based food purveyors, or offers a progress report from his own farm, from which the resort purchases much of its produce spring through fall.