"My wife and I took the day tripper package here and we were not disappointed. The falls are just amazing and worth the hike. The lunch was wonderful and they did not skimp on anything. There are several places to enjoy nature."
While meals are included in every lodging package at Evins Mill and are a highlight of the overnight experience, the resort also welcomes day-trippers to enjoy the property however they wish and along the way enjoy breakfast or lunch, which are available by reservation the vast majority of weekends. While sack lunches may be enjoyed anywhere on the forested forty-acres, at breakfast guests dine at private tables in one of five cozy spaces at the Main Lodge, including…
- Millstone Landing, featuring hand-hewn log walls & field stone fireplace
- Adele Commons, featuring a bar, booth style seating & field stone fireplace
- Stone Room, featuring field stone walls & field stone fireplace
- Manning Overlook, featuring alfresco dining with great views
- Taylor Hall, for larger group gatherings & private events
- short walks to overlooks of 90ft Carmac Falls
- fishing at Evins Mill Pond
- billiards, table tennis, foosball & darts at Cortland Hall
- lawn games on the East Lawn
- swinging & rocking on Ivy Overlook
- eggs-to-order, accommodating any style of egg
- Benton’s bacon & local sausage patties
- pancakes or homemade buttermilk drop biscuits w/ gravy
- red potato hash or spiced apples
- selection of hot & cold cereals
- fresh fruit & yogurt
- pastries, muffins, toast & bagels with cream cheese & preserves
- a variety of juices, low fat milk, coffee & hot beverages
- hearty sandwich (turkey, ham, roast beef, tuna or vegetarian wraps)
- chips & side salad
- fresh fruit & granola bar
- cookies & cracker jacks
- soda or bottled water
Day-Tripper Pricing & Policies
- Attire for breakfast & lunch is casual.
- Reservations are required. Call by Wednesday for coming weekend.
- Beverages from the bar are available but not included.
- Special dietary needs are accommodated by advance arrangment.
- Only overnight or "day-tripper" guests may access the property.