"The staff was truly outstanding. They took care of our every need and then some. The food was out of this world. The whole setting is very conducive to relaxation, but at the same time we were able to work hard in a tranquil atmosphere." ~ St. George's Church
Deposits & Balances
- Between the time a prospective client makes a verbal commitment to utilize Evins Mill and the receipt of a deposit to secure the location, the prospective client enjoys first-right-of-refusal status. Evins Mill will not release rooms to another party without giving a first-right-of-refusal prospect the opportunity to secure the location.
- First-right-of-refusal status is predicated on the submission of a written estimate to the prospective client for a single and specific set of dates.
- Pending the needs and nature of other interested parties, Evins Mill may give a first-right-of-refusal prospect only days or even hours to secure the location.
- To secure the location, a deposit as highlighted on the event estimate is required. If payable by check, a prospective client must remit check to the Evins Mill Sales & Reservation Office at 2820 Dogwood Place, Suite 102, Nashville, Tennessee 37204. If payable by credit card, a prospective client may complete and email a credit card authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Evins Mill Sales & Reservation Office at 615.269.3740.
- If a client pays its deposit with a credit card, Evins Mill will use the same credit card to retire the event balance one week after sending the final invoice, unless notified otherwise by the client. Whether paid by credit card or check, all balances are due within one week of invoice receipt.
The term “cancellation” refers to the cancellation of an entire event, not simply the reduction in the number of room nights.
An event cancellation must be communicated by written notification and delivered by email to email@example.com and/or sent by regular mail to the Evins Mill Sales & Reservation Office at 2820 Dogwood Place, Suite 102, Nashville, Tennessee 37204. Written notification must be accompanied by phone notification.
To avoid a cancellation penalty, clients must notify Evins Mill of an event cancellation within the time frame submitted to the client with the original estimate.
- Even for cancellations received in advance of the required time frame, Evins Mill applies a processing fee of $10 per room night cancelled to discourage prospective clients from holding rooms frivolously as well as to cover merchant fees associated with event deposits.
- The penalty for cancellations not submitted by the required time frame but more than one week in advance of arrival day is a forfeiture of the entire event deposit.
- The penalty for cancellations submitted less than one week in advance of arrival day is forfeiture of the entire event deposit plus full payment for reserved food services.
- If a client fails to notify Evins Mill by the required time frame and Evins Mill is able to re-book the cancelled room nights or a portion of the cancelled room nights, it will refund the client’s deposit or a portion of the client’s deposit in proportion to the number of room nights re-booked.
- With the exception of impassable roads, there are no exceptions to the cancellation policy articulated above.
- In the case of impassable roads, Evins Mill will apply the full deposit to another date, as long as it is within sixty days of the originally scheduled meeting.
The term “reduction” refers to a decrease in the number of room nights required relative to the number of room nights originally secured with a deposit, not to the cancellation of the entire event.
A reduction in room nights must be communicated by written notification and delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written notification must be accompanied by phone notification.
To avoid a room reduction penalty, clients must notify Evins Mill of a decrease in room nights within the time frame submitted to the client with the original estimate.
- The penalty for failing to notify Evins Mill of a reduction in room nights by the required time frame but more than one week ahead of arrival day is full price per room(s) dropped.
- The penalty for failing to notify Evins Mill of a reduction in room nights more than one week ahead of arrival day is full price per room(s) dropped, plus full payment for the food services associated with dropped room(s).
- If Evins Mill is able to re-book all or some of the dropped rooms, it will either waive or adjust the room reduction penalty in proportion to the number of room nights it is able to re-book.
- The default bedding for all twenty rooms at Evins Mill is one king size bed per room. All rooms may be converted from one king to two twins for a one-time bed conversion fee as outlined on the estimate.
- Six rooms feature a loft with a king mattress, while one suite features a queen size sleeper sofa. In rooms without additional bedding options, Evins Mill can provide one air mattress per room.
- To accommodate additional bed & bath linens + the utilization of loft, sleeper sofa or air mattress + the extra clean-up associated with multiple occupants, there is a one-time fee for triple, quadruple and quintuple occupancy as outlined on the estimate.
- While clients may access meeting space as early as scheduled on day of arrival, the published check-in time for overnight accommodations is 3:00 p.m.
- While clients may utilize meeting space as late as scheduled on day of departure, the published room check-out is 12:00 p.m.
- All guest rooms are smoke-free. If extra cleaning is required to rid a room of smoking related odors, Evins Mill charges a $100 cleaning fee.
- Individual conferees who are paying for their own rooms must contact Evins Mill in advance to secure their reservation. In cases when a conferee fails to secure their reservation in advance and fails to pay before departing, Evins Mill will add their lodging charges to the client’s bill.
- If a client requires off-site lodging, Evins Mill will upon request secure off-site accommodations on behalf of its client. In those cases, the cancellation policies of the off-site establishment apply rather than the cancellation policies of Evins Mill.
Lodging at Solstice
- For access to Halcyon, a three-bedroom penthouse, clients must first secure the other five units in Solstice and must also secure all three rooms in Halcyon.
- Halcyon features a galley kitchen and dining room that can accommodate a maximum of ten guests. Clients with ten or fewer guests may utilize the kitchen to prepare their own meals for a daily fee of $300.
- The kitchen in Halcyon is only available if all three rooms in the penthouse maintain their default king-size bedding and are not converted to two twin beds.
- The Bower suite features two bedrooms and a shared bathroom and is available only as a single unit. For access to this suite, clients must secure both rooms.
- Evins Mill offers three dedicated meeting rooms – Taylor Hall in the Main Lodge, and Davidson & Knox rooms in the Gristmill. Unlike common gathering areas, meeting rooms may be reserved for private use.
- Common gathering areas may only be utilized for meetings if no other clients are present on property. Common gathering areas include living, dining, and recreational spaces at the Main Lodge, Gristmill and Solstice Lodge.
- Even if a client secures all twenty rooms, common spaces may not be available for meetings on day of arrival, pending the schedules of outgoing clients, and may not be available for meetings on day of departure, pending the schedules of incoming clients.
- Unlike overnight accommodations, which have a 3:00 p.m. check-in time and a 12:00 p.m. check-out time, meeting rooms are accessible as early as scheduled on day of arrival and as late as scheduled on day of departure.
- If another group is scheduled to utilize the same meeting room immediately following a client’s scheduled departure time, clients must vacate the meeting rooms as originally scheduled.
- Meeting rooms remain open and accessible to clients from time of arrival to time of departure, though Evins Mill can secure the Davidson & Knox rooms upon request.
- Evins Mill is not responsible for client av equipment or personal belongings left in unsecured meeting rooms.
Meeting Room Furnishings & AV Equipment
- Meeting room rental includes meeting space as well as the provision and set-up of meeting tables and chairs.
- In the Davidson & Knox rooms, Evins Mill utilizes 72”x24” tables, seating up to three conferees each, and can arrange them in a variety of configurations.
- In Taylor Hall, Evins Mill utilizes both 72”x18” tables, seating up to three conferees each, and 60” round tables, seating up to eight conferees each, and can arrange them in a variety of configurations.
- In all three meeting rooms, Evins Mill utilizes standard meeting chairs to complement its tables. In the Davidson & Knox rooms only, Evins Mill can also furnish club chairs for smaller and more informal meetings.
- The fee to furnish Taylor Hall with club chairs from the Gristmill is $25 per chair transported.
- Meeting room rental does not include the provision of av equipment, which is available but is billed for upon reservation. Clients are welcome to provide their own av equipment at no charge.
- Billing for av equipment provided by Evins Mill is a one-time rather than a daily fee, regardless of how many days a piece of equipment is used.
- While Evins Mill is responsible for the set-up and connection of av equipment it provides, it recommends clients bring cables particular to its laptops to connect those laptops to Evins Mill LCD projectors/TVs (HDMI port).
- Clients are responsible for the set-up and connection of av equipment they provide.
- Evins Mill is the exclusive provider of all on-site meal service.
- Clients patronizing Evins Mill for dinner enjoy complimentary access to the Main Lodge & Gristmill. Clients patronizing off-site venues for dinner are billed a rental fee of $20 per conferee.
- All meals come with tea, coffee, lemonade & ice water. Breakfast also comes with a variety of juices.
- Sodas, bottled waters & alcoholic beverages are also available but are not included in the price of any meal.
- Evins Mill functions on a banquet-style basis, serving one entrée per meal and one dessert per lunch & dinner, to the entire group.
- For an additional fee, Evins Mill can provide up to two entrees OR two desserts at non-buffet meal services. See the "Other Options" section on the menu for more detail.
- With advance notice, special dietary needs can easily be accommodated.
- For clients who fail to provide menus within the required time frame, Evins Mill will select a “chef’s choice” menu on behalf of its clients.
- Depending on the meeting start date, Evins Mill requires a guaranteed number and selection for meals five business days prior to the meeting date. Evins Mill will purchase food and bill for the number of guaranteed conferees, even if fewer conferees actually attend.
- Evins Mill can accommodate full-service meals for up to 60 conferees. For seatings with more than 60 conferees, only buffet service is available.
- Evins Mill serves all meals at the Main Lodge. For an additional catering fee, Evins Mill can host food & beverage events on the first floor of the Gristmill but does so with disposable wares.
- If a client is more than an hour late to a meal, Evins Mill charges $15 per staff member per hour to cover staffing expenses.
- Evins Mill places a 20% labor charge on all food & beverage service. If a client feels as though it received exceptional service and desires to leave gratuity for specific staff members, it has that option on the final bill or on-site with cash before departing.
- Evins Mill is the exclusive provider of all on-site break service.
- At a minimum, all break services come with tea, coffee, lemonade & ice water.
- Sodas & bottled waters are also available but are not included in break service prices. Upon request, Evins Mill can make sodas & bottled waters available at break stations and will bill the client for the number of such beverages consumed, not the number set-up.
- Unless instructed otherwise, Evins Mill will set-up break service stations inside the meeting room and will set-up or replenish breaks just prior to the start of each meeting session.
- The billing for break service is based on one service location and on the number of conferees per session. Evins Mill will bill for multiple break-service locations accordingly.
Bar & Beverage Service
- Evins Mill is the exclusive provider of all on-site bar & beverage service, with a few exceptions outlined below.
- The primary bar service location is Adele Commons in the Main Lodge, where beer, wine & mixed drinks, as well as sodas & bottled waters, are available.
- In most cases, sodas & bottled waters are available on a by-request basis only. Evins Mill can bill the client or individual conferees for consumption of sodas or bottled waters.
- Alcoholic beverages are available on a by request basis only. Evins Mill can bill the client or individual conferees for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Clients that provide their own sodas & bottled waters and consume them in public areas or meeting spaces are responsible for the storage, handling & service of those beverages and will be charged a $5 per guest per day set-up/clean-up fee.
- Clients that provide their own beer, wine or liquor and consume them in public areas or meeting spaces are responsible for the storage, handling & service of those beverages and will be billed a $10 per guest per day set-up/clean-up fee for each category of beverage (i.e. beer, wine, liquor).
- The surcharge for alcohol provided by clients does not include mixers but does cover the provision of glassware, corkscrews, bottle openers, cocktail napkins, stirrers, limes, lemons & cherries, as well as the added set-up & clean-up associated with the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- An Evins Mill staff member will be available as late as 11:00 p.m. to serve clients patronizing its bar. For clients patronizing its bar and that anticipate heavy consumption and/or require a later last call, Evins Mill can provide a dedicated bartender for $25/hour for a minimum of two hours.
Bar Service at Cortland Hall
For clients that wish to enjoy beer or wine at Cortland Hall, Evins Mill can provide at the Main Lodge beer by the six pack or uncorked bottles of wine and allow clients to transport such beverages to Cortland Hall. Or, Evins Mill can transport and set-up a self-serve beer OR wine bar at Cortland Hall for a fee of $5 per guest, or can set-up a combined beer & wine bar at Cortland Hall for a fee of $10 per guest.
For clients that wish to enjoy spirits at Cortland Hall, Evins Mill must set-up a bar and provide a bartender. In addition to the bartender fee referenced above, the set-up fee is $20 per bottle transported.
Disposable cup ware is used for bar service at Cortland Hall.