The resort is hosting its annual Memorial Weekend Cookout on Sunday, May 26 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. with appetizers available as early as 6:00. If you're not already staying at the Inn, guests are welcome to make reservations for dinner-only and arrive early for short strolls to Carmac Falls. Whenever you show up, come with an appetite, for the menu as always is as expansive as it will be tasty...
- Grilled Tennessee pastured rib eye steaks
- Grilled jumbo shrimp
- Barbecued baby back ribs
- Oven roasted yukon gold potatoes
- Mixed garden vegetable grill
- Local vine-ripe tomato, mozzarella salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette
- Grilled vidalia onions & chilies
- Vegetable slaw
- Marinated cucumber salad
- White beans, slow cooked w/ Benton's Bacon
- Fresh baked, local whole wheat rolls & cornbread
- Local strawberry cobbler w/ streusel topping & vanilla ice cream
- Tea, coffee, lemonade & ice water
The Memorial Weekend Cookout is $50.00 per guest and $10 for children between the ages of five & twelve. Sodas, bottled waters & alcoholic beverages are available but not included. Call 615.269.3740 (nashville) or 286.2090 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations.
The reosrt is hosting its annual Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday, May 12. The buffet and carving station are available from 10:00 to 11:30 and again from 12:30 to 2:00, with seatings scheduled in half hour intervals. While brunch attire is "dressy casual," we invite guests to bring a change of clothes and stick around should they want to hike to Carmac Falls. Hiking shoes or not, don't forget your appetite, for as always the menu is extensive...
- Beef tenderloin carving station with chimichurri sauce
- Local farm fresh egg omelets, made-to-order with fresh veggies & cheeses
- Yukon Gold potato gratin
- Marinated fresh asparagus
- Shrimp salad
- Locally baked, whole wheat rolls
- Home grown green salad with chive blossom vinaigrette
- Buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy
- Sourdough French toast with all the toppings
- Tennessee bacon & sausage
- Freshly baked variety of muffins
- Fresh fruit
- Homemade granola with yogurt
- Fresh baked pound cake, meringues & brownies
- Build your own strawberry delight with locally grown fresh berries
- Whipped cream, nuts, sauces, sprinkles & more
- Variety of juices
- Nashville's own Humphrey's Street coffee
- Unsweetened tea & lemonade
- Fresh squeezed mimosas & mint juleps (not included in the price)
Brunch is $35 ($10 for children six to twelve years old). Reservations are required. Call 615.269.3740 (nashville) or 615.286.2090 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations.
On Saturday, May 11 at 8:00 p.m., Evins Mill continues its "Music at the Mill" concert series with another intimate evening of acoustic music featuring accomplished singer-songwriter Tim Buppert.
Having written songs and/or sung them on albums for Trisha Yearwood, Michael Peterson and Kevin Sharp among other well-known artists, Tim has several top ten songs to his name and will be performing them and others in an informal, writer-in-the-round format.
The dinner-concert package includes appetizers, a four-course dinner, non-alcoholic beverages & the concert of course and is $120/couple. The overnight package includes the same but also overnight accommodations and breakfast the next morning and is $295 to $355 per couple depending on the room.
For ticket information and lodging or dinner reservations, call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville).
As Valentines falls on a Thursday this year, the resort is celebrating the occasion not only on Feb 14 but also the following weekend - Fri, Feb 15 & Sat, Feb 16. On these nights, guests will be treated to...
- hearty rather than light hors d'oeuvresa
- a five-course rather than a four-course dinner
- a single stem rose in a ribbon-wrapped vase
- enhanced turn-down service
- unlimited non-alcoholic beverages
Friday Dinner Entrees include....
- Tennessee pastured thick-cut pork chop, wrapped in world famous Benton's Bacon, grilled and served with fresh chimichurri, or
- Tasmanian Wild King Salmon, cast iron seared, served with pink peppercorn beurre blanc
...followed by one of our favorite desserts, Flourless Chocolate Cake with fresh berries and sauce Chambord
Thursday & Saturday Dinner Entrees include...
- Tennessee pastured beef tenderloin, seared with our Millstone dry rub and oven roasted; served with Cabernet Sauvignon, cracked pepper butter sauce, or
- Tennessee raised chicken breast, buttermilk breaded and pan fried; served with raspberry, blood orange, ginger compote
...followed by another popular dessert - chocolate soufflé with Bailey’s sauce.
To cap off the stay, guests will be treated to a hearty Valentines Brunch, featuring...
- omelet station & scrambled eggs
- buttermilk biscuits w/saw mill gravy
- pancakes w/ toppings galore
- creamy cheddar grits
- home fried potatoes
- bacon, sausage & country ham
- variety of hot & cold cereals
- fresh fruitmuffins, toast, fresh bagels & cream cheeses
- weet pastries & croissantsfruit yogurt
- a variety of juices, coffee, milk & tea
The all-inclusive package is $265 to $325 per couple depending on the room reserved. Reservations for dinner only are available at $120 per couple as are reservations for brunch at $50 per couple. Call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville) to make a reservation.
We invite you to celebrate the advent of a new year in the festive yet intimate setting that is Evins Mill. Guests may arrive on Sunday, December 30 to enjoy...
- light hors d'oeuvres followed by a four-course dinner
- a hearty breakfast with omelet station the next morning
- and a picnic box lunch on the day of arrival or the next day
...and stay through Tuesday, January 1, 2013 to enjoy New Year's Eve and New Year's Day festivities, which include...
- heavy hors d'oeuvres followed by a five-course dinner
- live piano music and roaring fireplaces
- enhanced turn-down service
- and a sumptuous New Year's Day Brunch
Chef Evans will be preparing a sumptuous menu Monday evening, featuring...
- Noble Springs goat cheese dip with grilled pita
- Wedge Oak Farm's Suckling pig roast with condiments galore
- Fresh steamed muscles with coconut, lime curry
- Local turnip and pumpkin with lentils and red quinoa
- Served with locally baked whole wheat pretzel rolls
- Fresh Florida citrus with mixed greens, candied almonds, red onion and a creamy watercress dressing
- Tennessee pastured beef tenderloin, oven roasted with our millstone dry rub and served with a Nashville whiskey cream. Accompanied by grilled onion and roasted garlic potato gratin.
- Tasmanian Wild King salmon filet, well seasoned and grilled and served with a chutney of Benton’s bacon, sour apples and dried fruit. Accompanied by grilled onion and roasted garlic potato gratin.
Into the Night Dessert Buffet
- special drinks and champagne a flowin’
- Variety of pies in Allison's famous, home made pie crust
- Belgian chocolate truffles
- coconut macaroons
- stuffed St. Germane apricots
- colorful, homemade kettle corn
Non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks are available throughout the weekend.
For a two night stay (Sun & Mon) including five meals, the New Year's Eve package is $530 to $650 for two guests depending on the room. For a stay over New Year's Eve night only, the package is $275 to $335 for two guests depending on the room. The New Year's Eve dinner-only package is $60 per plate.
On Saturday, December 8, Evins Mill continues its "Music at the Mill" concert series, featuring an intimate evening of fine dining followed by an equally compelling concert performance - this time around by singer-songwriters Craig Lackey, Tim James and Steve Williams.
For his part, Tim is a grammy nominated songwriter who has penned hits for the likes of Toby Keith, Lee Ann Womack and Darius Rucker. Steve, also grammy nominated, has penned songs for the Oak Ridge Boys and George Straight among other well-known artists. Concert organizer Craig Lackey has had many of his own songs placed in movies and televesion shows and has written numerous songs for Indie artists.
Anyone with dinner reservations - $100 per couple for hors d'oeuvres, a four course dinner and non-alcoholic beverages - may stay to enjoy the concert at no charge! To make reservations, call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville).
Give your chef a break this Thanksgiving by allowing our chefs to do the heavy culinary lifting. For overnight guests and day-trippers alike, Thursday, November 22 will feature a traditional Thanksgiving spread from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Overnight guests will be treated as always to a big breakfast Friday morning. The weather is sure to be crisp, the fires will be roaring - and the cuisine will be abundant, including...
- roasted turkey w/ fresh cranberry relish
- pit ham carving station
- sage dressing
- mashed yukon gold potatoes
- sweet potato casserole
- fresh steamed asparagus
- cream style corn
- deviled eggs
- baked apples
- tossed salad w/ basil vinaigrette dressing
- carrot, raisin salad
- fresh fruit salad
- fresh baked bread & rolls
- panoply of pieshot apple cider & fresh ground coffee
For day-trippers, Thanksgiving dinner is $50/person, while the overnight package for two guests includes one night's stay, Thanksgiving dinner and a hearty breakfast and is $265 to $325 depending on the room reserved.Call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations.
Labor Day is one of the most popular weekends to enjoy Center Hill Lake - and Evins Mill. To mark the holiday, the Inn is hosting its annual Labor Day Cookout from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 2. Appetizers are available as early as 6:00 p.m. Whether you're staying at the resort or not, guests as always are invited to arrive with an appetite, as the menu is expansive...
- Grilled Tennessee Pastured Strip Steak
- Grilled Tennessee Raised Fresh Water Prawn Skewers
- Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
- Fresh Garlic & Herb Roasted, Local Potatoes
- Garden Vegetable Ratatouille
- Fresh Baked, Local Whole Wheat Rolls & Cornbread
- Home Grown Tomato, Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Onions & Chilies
- Vegetable Slaw
- Marinated Cucumber Salad
- White Beans Slow Cooked with Benton’s Bacon
- Baked Apples w/ Local Honey Caramel, Streusel Topping & Vanilla Ice Cream
- Tea, Coffee, Lemonade & Ice Water
The Labor Day Cookout is $50.00 per guest and $15 for kids six to twelve. Sodas, bottled waters & alcoholic beverages are available but not included. Call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 597.2088 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations.
Led by Molly Spessard of Dakini Studio and Kenneth Robinson of Yoga for the Emotional Body, this weekend yoga retreat is designed to help guests access their source of strength and inner calm, and upon their return, experience intimacy with the people and experiences in their lives in a more brilliant, sensitive and rhythmic way - and see deeper potential and expansive possibility in their everyday lives. The weekend retreat includes...
- four yoga sessions (all levels welcome)
- two nights lodging in bluff view rooms
- delicious vegetarian meals from dinner on Friday to breakfast on Sunday
- daily hiking and exploring
- relaxing on the beautiful porches overlooking trees
The all-inclusive price is $375 per attendee. For more information or to make reservations, visit the Dakini Studio web site or call Molly Spessard at Dakini Studio at 615.481.3204 (nashville).
Calfkiller Brewery, based in Sparta, Tenneessee, is hosting a beer tasting at Evins Mill on Saturday, Aug 18. Beginning at 6:00, the Sergio brothers, co-owners of Calfkiller Brewery, will discuss the beer making process in general and the story of Calfkiller beer in particular. Even better, they will be sampling many of their beers. The tasting will be accompanied by an assortment of appetizers and continue through a four-course dinner, served at 7:00 and featuring...
- Calfkiller Beer braised, Tennessee handmade sausages and red cabbage
- Chilled Yukon gold potato and leeks prepared with Grassroots Ale
- Heirloom tomato, fresh mozzarella salad
- Calfkiller Beer braised, Tennessee pastured short ribs OR Wild Tasmanian King Salmon
- Homemade Calfkiller ice cream and fresh baked cookies
The Beer Tasting Package includes...
- Saturday night lodging
- appetizers & four-course dinner
- beer tasting
- a hearty breakfast with omelet station
- non-alcoholic beverages
...and is $265 to $325 for two guests. Beer tasting and dinner-only reservations are also available at $55/plate. Call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations
Evins Mill is hosting its first wine tasting of 2013 on Saturday, June 15. Beginning at 6:00 p.m., guest will enjoy several French wines with appetizers paired and prepared by Chef Evans just for the occasion. Led by Lindsey Langston of Best Brands, the tasting will be followed at 7:00 p.m. by a rustic French dinner menu, drawn from locally sourced produce and meats and crafted to compliment the vino du jour.
Wine Tasting Menu
- Chateau Bel Air Bordeaux
- LaMaison, Joseph Drouhin Chardonnay
- Pouilly-FuisseKuentz-Bas, Milleime
- AlsaceFrancois Montand Blanc de Blanc
Young Spring Vegetables w/ AioliZucchini Tart w/ Tennessee Chevre
Chilled Yukon Gold Potato w/ Fresh Leek
Chef grown, organic greens and local tomato w/ basil infused red wine vinaigrette
- Wedge Oak Farms Pastured Pork Loin rolled with a wild mushroom stuffing of porcinis, morels and shitakes. Oven roasted and served with Chateau Bel Air Bordeaux natural sauce.
- Wedge Oak Farms Raised Poussin Chicken ~ marinated with vidalia onion, garlic, Pouilly-Fuisse Chardonnay, lemon and fresh local herbs. Charcoal grilled and served w/ a light fresh herb beurre blanc.
Local vegetable ratatouille and potato gratin
Fresh Cherry Financiers made w/ local farm fresh eggs, local honey and almonds and served w/ vanilla ice cream.
The Wine Tasting Package includes...
Saturday night lodgingwine tasting and appetizers a four-course dinnera hearty breakfast with omelet stationnon-alcoholic beverages
and is $295 to $355 depending on the room. Or come just for the appetizers, tasting and dinner for $75/plate.
Call 615.269.3740 (nashville), 800.383.2349 (toll free) or 615.597.2088 (smithville) to learn more or make reservations.